I started roughing out the drake’s body this morning. This is a 3D sketch; the idea here is not to get caught up in the geometry, just figure out the defining masses of the object.
The Drake’s going to be something of a cross between a pterodactyl and a snake. I’ve already got a decent snake head built for the Seej Ouroboros Guardian, so that’s a good place to start.
For all its complexity, Maya’s hotbox does not yet have an item under Create->Polygon Primitives->Token->Drake, so I’ve got to extrude some edges, pull some points, and flip some faces until I get this rough model.
Ooo. That wing’s going to be tough to print. I’ll be reaching deep into the Well of Cantrips to pull that one off.
But my mon Zheng don’t shiv. We’ll get this figured out.