Lately there’s been a proliferation of 3d printing failure blog posts percolating around the twitterverse. I’ve got plenty of these on the blog already, so I’m dropping another one in the spirit of mutual commiseration.
I’ve been printing dozens of bloxen in preparation for Maker Faire NYC lately, and finally managed to wear out one of my delrin plungers. I had two or three days of intermittently failing prints before I figured out the problem.
I printed a new one, but printing a replacement plunger while using a faulty plunger leads to interesting results.
Ultimately I held my filament in place manually while the replacement plunger printed. It’s a quick print, about five minutes, so it was a good time to put a little dent in my Netflix queue.